Monday, October 22, 2012

Top 5 Parental Resources

So I haven't posted in a bit, which is apparently a common theme in my posts. We've had a hectic but very productive season in our youth ministry and I've had a rough term in college, Biblical Greek is the devil but we're gonna get a post done. I'm also enrolled in Youthsphere, more on that in a later post.

So in our effort to better minister to the parents of our ministry we have started offering free resources to them. To keep them informed about youth culture and give them some insights into the teen mind. The most of these resources cost money but we offer it free and absorb the cost out of our budget.

Last Sunday we posted our resource table in the foyer of our Church and, since I'm the announcement guy, talked about it during the announcements. As service was wrapping up I walked out and my table was just about bare. I grossly underestimated how interested our parents were in these resources. So don't under-prepare for it. What we do is put these resources out along with our newsletter and our parents handouts from our WAKEUP! Cafe class (Sunday School) that allows them to follow up on our lesson for the week. So let me give you my top 5 Parents Resources that we hand out.

1: "A Parents Guide to Understanding Teenage Girls" by Mark Oestreicher and Brooklynn Lindsey

2: "A Parents Guide to Understanding Teenage Guys" by Mark Oestreicher and Brock Morgan

3: "99 Thoughts for Parents of Teenagers" by Walt Mueller

4: "Sticky Faith" by Kara Powell

5: CPYU Digital Kids Initiative Handouts by Walt Mueller and CPYU *
*these resources are free, no excuse not to get them in your parents hands!

These are my favorites and hopefully you and your parents will enjoy them as well!



Just Keep Swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment